Wednesday 1 January 2014

Shiseido Pore Minimizing Cooling Essence Review

1st post of 2014!!! Woohoo!!!

The summer heat often leaves me with enlarged, yucky pores with blackheads in them. So this summer, I've decided to try out this product from Shiseido's Pureness line, the Pore Minimizing Cooling Essence.



Claims of this product (from Shiseido website):
A cooling essence that reduces the appearance of pores and visibly smoothens skin texture. Absorbs excess oil to help prevent the appearance of imperfections. Hydrates skin to enhance smoothness and diminish surface unevenness. Maintains skin's natural turnover for a refined look and less noticeable pores.

So all in all, it is a product that targets pores and excess oil.

Let see how well it works.... (Before you read on.... please note there are some yucky pore pictures in this post!)

So for this review, I have used my hubby's pores to demonstrate the efficacy of this product. He has larger pores than I do so you can sort of see the effect more clearly.

First of all, it comes in a 30mL tube which will last quite a while considering it is only used on targeted spots on the face. The nozzle is quite small and allows for control over how much product is dispensed to prevent product wastage.


This is how much I/we use:



Just a pea sized amount is enough to cover the entire nose and cheek area. Smells very fresh and clean, spread very easily...


It is recommended to use as last step in skincare, but I prefer to use it after cleansing and toning, before moisturizing. You can feel it getting absorbed into your pores after application.

During application, test subject is not happy but is willing to pose in exchange for chocolate later.... hurhur....

So this is what is looks like before and after application (picture taken under natural light indoors, no photo editing):

Before application (left) After application (right)
As you can see, after applying the essence the nose pores seem to be smaller, like it is filled with something(?).

I find after using the essence my foundation/bb cream dosn't seem to sink into my pores, so it makes my skin appear more even.

I have used this product for just over a month now, but not regularly. Even so, I feel like my pores on my nose are smaller this summer and there are less blackheads. So yes overall I am very happy with this product :) Whee....

Repurchase? Yes!

by Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...