Thursday 2 January 2014

The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel Review

During winter, I often use a rich moisturizing eye cream or balm for under my dry eyes. But during the summer season, I tend to reach for a lighter eye moisturizer - preferably a gel based one.

This summer I used The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel.




I noticed that I could no longer find this on The Body Shop UK website. Not sure if it is discontinued overseas but it is still sold in The Body Shop stores in New Zealand.

It is a very light eye gel with a slight alcoholic smell to it which dosn't bother me. The smell is almost undetected and you have to breathe in very hard to catch the scent.

Texture-wise it is very easy to spread, and doesn't leave any stickiness behind.




I find it provides just enough moisture for my eyes during the summer season.

I occasionally use it over my make up under my eyes do give a dewy, fresher look. It also fixes the dry patches under the eyes left by my under eye concealer.




It leaves this amazing cooling sensation behind which WILL WAKE YOU UP in the morning!

A little tip here - I keep this eye gel in the fridge (not the freezer!) so it is colder when I apply it to my eye bags. The cooling effect seem to help reduce the puffiness of my eye bags.

Note that I don't think this eye gel is suppose to have any effect on dark eye circles, because I don't see any....

The best thing about this eye gel is that it doesn't sting my eyes, as my eyes are quite sensitive to most of the other eye products I have used in the past.

Repurchase? Yes, but only for the summer season as I will need a heavier richer moisturizer for the winter.

By Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...